Are you in the market for a new TV and wondering which brand to choose between Hisense and Samsung?
Both brands offer a wide range of TVs with varying features and prices, making it difficult to determine which one is better. In this article, we will compare the two brands and help you decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
Hisense has been growing in popularity over the years, offering affordable TVs with decent picture quality.
On the other hand, Samsung is a premium brand known for its high-end TVs with exceptional picture quality and advanced features.
However, with Hisense improving its technology and Samsung facing stiff competition from other brands, the gap between the two brands is narrowing.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the two brands and evaluate their picture quality, features, and prices to help you make an informed decision.
Hisense Vs Samsung TVs
Both Hisense and Samsung are popular brands in the television market, but there are some differences between them. Here’s a comparison of Hisense and Samsung TVs:
Display And Picture Quality
Samsung TVs are generally known for their exceptional picture quality. They use advanced display technologies like QLED (Quantum Dot LED) or MicroLED in their high-end models, which offer vibrant colors, high contrast ratios, and deep blacks.
Hisense TVs also provide good picture quality, especially in their higher-end models, but they might not match the absolute top-tier performance of Samsung’s premium offerings.
Smart TV Features
Both Hisense and Samsung offer smart TV capabilities, allowing you to access streaming services, apps, and other online content.
Samsung’s Tizen operating system is highly regarded for its intuitive interface and extensive app library.
Hisense TVs typically use the Android TV platform or their proprietary VIDAA U operating system, which also offer a wide range of streaming options and apps.
Hisense TVs typically feature built-in speakers that are designed to deliver decent sound quality.
However, the audio performance can vary depending on the specific model and size of the TV.
Generally, Hisense TVs offer satisfactory audio for regular TV watching and casual use. Some higher-end models may include additional features like Dolby Atmos support or built-in subwoofers to enhance the audio experience.
For users seeking a more immersive and high-quality audio experience, it is common to connect external speakers or sound systems to Hisense TVs. Hisense TVs usually have various audio output options, such as HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel), optical audio, or analog audio output, to facilitate the connection of external audio devices.
Samsung TVs generally prioritize audio quality and offer a better sound experience compared to entry-level models. They often feature built-in speakers with higher power output, wider frequency response, and better audio processing technology.
Samsung’s high-end models may incorporate advanced audio features such as Object Tracking Sound (OTS), which creates a more dynamic and immersive audio environment.
Furthermore, some Samsung TVs support additional audio technologies like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which can provide a more three-dimensional and immersive audio experience. These advanced audio features are typically found in Samsung’s premium models.
TV Software and UI
Hisense TVs typically use one of two software platforms: VIDAA U or Android TV.
- VIDAA U: Hisense’s proprietary smart TV platform, VIDAA U, offers a user-friendly interface that focuses on simplicity and ease of use. It provides a customizable home screen that allows users to access their favorite apps, sources, and settings with ease. VIDAA U comes with various pre-installed apps, including popular streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. The platform also supports voice control through the Hisense Voice Assistant.
- Android TV: Some higher-end Hisense models may use the Android TV platform. Android TV provides a more extensive app selection through the Google Play Store, including popular streaming services and games. It also supports Google Assistant for voice control and offers a familiar Android-based interface with customizable home screens and recommendations.
Samsung TVs use their own proprietary software platform called Tizen.
- Tizen: Tizen is a highly regarded smart TV platform developed by Samsung. It offers a user-friendly interface with a visually appealing design. The Tizen OS provides quick access to apps, settings, and inputs, and it features a universal search function for content discovery. Tizen supports a wide range of popular streaming apps and offers features like Samsung SmartThings integration for smart home control. Samsung TVs with Tizen also support voice control through the Bixby virtual assistant.
Both VIDAA U and Tizen are designed to provide a seamless and intuitive user experience, but they have different visual styles and app selections. The choice between them may depend on personal preference and specific app compatibility requirements.
It’s worth noting that the specific software version and features can vary between different models and regions, so it’s recommended to check the specifications or consult the manufacturer’s official website for detailed information on the software and UI for the specific TV model you are interested in.
Hisense TVs typically utilize either their proprietary voice assistant called “VIDAA Voice Assistant” or the Google Assistant.
Hisense Voice Assistant allows you to control your TV and access various features through voice commands. Additionally, many Hisense TVs come with built-in Google Assistant support, which provides broader voice control functionality and integration with other Google services.
Samsung TVs use the Bixby voice assistant as their primary voice control feature. Bixby enables users to navigate the TV’s menus, search for content, adjust settings, and perform various other tasks using voice commands.
Samsung’s higher-end models may also have support for other voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, allowing you to choose your preferred voice control platform.
Design And Build Quality
Samsung TVs are often praised for their sleek and stylish designs. They pay attention to aesthetics, and their high-end models feature thin bezels and slim profiles. Hisense TVs generally have a more understated design, but they still offer a solid build quality.
Both Hisense and Samsung offer a wide range of TV sizes to cater to different preferences and viewing environments.
The available sizes can vary depending on the specific models and the region you are in. However, here are some common sizes that are typically available for both brands
- Small Sizes: These include sizes like 32 inches, 40 inches, and 43 inches. These smaller TVs are suitable for bedrooms, kitchens, or smaller living spaces where space is limited.
- Medium Sizes: This category includes sizes like 50 inches, 55 inches, and 65 inches. These TVs are popular choices for living rooms or average-sized entertainment areas.
- Large Sizes: For those who prefer a more immersive viewing experience or have larger rooms, larger sizes are available. This includes sizes like 75 inches, 82 inches, and even larger options like 85 inches or 90 inches.
Both Samsung and Hisense TVs are generally considered to be durable and reliable. However, as with any electronic device, the durability can vary depending on various factors such as the specific model, manufacturing quality, and usage conditions.
Warranty coverage is an important aspect to consider when purchasing a TV, as it provides protection against potential defects and malfunctions. Here’s some information about warranties for Samsung and Hisense TVs:
Samsung TV Warranty:
Samsung typically offers a standard manufacturer’s warranty for their TVs, which can vary depending on the model and region. The duration of the warranty can range from one to two years, although certain high-end models may have extended warranty options.
It’s important to review the specific warranty terms and conditions provided by Samsung for the particular model you are interested in, as the coverage and limitations can differ.
Hisense TV Warranty:
Hisense also provides a standard manufacturer’s warranty for their TVs. Similar to Samsung, the warranty duration can vary depending on the model and region. It’s common for Hisense TVs to come with a one to two-year warranty, but this can differ based on the specific model and market.
It’s recommended to review the warranty details provided by Hisense for the particular TV model you are considering to understand the coverage and any limitations.
After Sales Support
Both Samsung and Hisense offer after-sales support to assist customers with any issues or inquiries they may have after purchasing a TV. Here’s some information about their after-sales support:
Samsung After Sales Support: Samsung has a well-established customer support system in place to assist customers with their TV-related concerns. They provide various channels for support, including phone support, online chat, and email support.
Samsung’s website typically has a dedicated support section where customers can find troubleshooting guides, FAQs, and software updates for their TVs. Additionally, Samsung has authorized service centers in many locations to handle repairs and warranty claims if needed.
Hisense After Sales Support: Hisense also provides customer support services to assist customers with their TV-related inquiries and issues. They usually offer phone support, online chat, and email support channels to address customer queries.
Hisense’s website typically has a support section where customers can find troubleshooting resources, user manuals, and firmware updates for their TVs. If necessary, Hisense has authorized service centers to handle repairs and warranty claims.
Hisense TVs tend to be more affordable compared to Samsung TVs. Hisense often provides competitive pricing for similar features, making them an attractive option for budget-conscious buyers.
Samsung, on the other hand, positions itself as a premium brand, and their high-end models usually come with a higher price tag.
Why Buy A Hisense TV?
There are several reasons why you might consider buying a Hisense TV:
- Affordable Pricing: Hisense TVs are often competitively priced, making them an attractive option for budget-conscious buyers. If you’re looking for a TV that offers good value for money without breaking the bank, Hisense TVs can be a suitable choice.
- Decent Picture Quality: Hisense TVs generally provide good picture quality, especially in their higher-end models. While they may not match the absolute top-tier performance of some premium brands, they can still deliver vibrant colors, sharp images, and good contrast ratios.
- Variety of Sizes and Models: Hisense offers a wide range of TV sizes and models to suit different preferences and budgets. Whether you need a smaller TV for a bedroom or a large one for a living room, Hisense provides options to accommodate various room sizes and viewing distances.
- Smart TV Features: Hisense TVs come with smart TV capabilities, allowing you to access popular streaming services, apps, and online content. Their smart TV platforms, such as VIDAA U or Android TV, provide a user-friendly interface and a decent selection of apps for entertainment purposes.
- Gaming Features: Hisense TVs often offer gaming features like low input lag and support for features such as variable refresh rate (VRR) and auto low latency mode (ALLM). These features can enhance the gaming experience, especially for console gaming.
It’s important to note that while Hisense TVs offer good value for the price, they may not have all the high-end features and premium build quality of more expensive brands. If you prioritize top-tier picture quality, advanced features, or premium design, you may want to consider other brands that specialize in those areas.
Ultimately, the decision to buy a Hisense TV will depend on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. It’s recommended to read reviews, compare models, and consider your own requirements to determine if a Hisense TV aligns with what you’re looking for in a television.
Why Buy A Samsung TV?
There are several reasons why you might consider buying a Samsung TV:
- Picture Quality: Samsung is known for its exceptional picture quality. Their high-end models often feature advanced display technologies like QLED (Quantum Dot LED) or MicroLED, which deliver vibrant colors, high contrast ratios, and deep blacks. Samsung TVs generally offer excellent image clarity and sharpness, making them a popular choice for those who prioritize visual performance.
- Design and Aesthetics: Samsung TVs are renowned for their sleek and stylish designs. They often feature slim bezels and thin profiles, providing an elegant and modern look. Samsung pays attention to aesthetics, making their TVs visually appealing and suitable for various home décor styles.
- Smart TV Capabilities: Samsung’s smart TV platform, Tizen, is highly regarded for its user-friendly interface and extensive app library. It offers a seamless and intuitive user experience, with quick access to apps, settings, and content. Tizen also supports voice control through Bixby, allowing for convenient hands-free operation.
- Gaming Features: Samsung TVs often come equipped with gaming-focused features, especially in their higher-end models. These features may include low input lag, high refresh rates, and support for advanced gaming technologies like Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM). If you are a gamer, Samsung TVs can provide a smooth and immersive gaming experience.
- Brand Reputation and Reliability: Samsung is a well-established and reputable brand known for producing high-quality electronics. Their TVs are generally considered reliable and durable, backed by comprehensive after-sales support and warranty coverage.
When to buy a Samsung TV can depend on various factors, including your specific needs, preferences, and budget.
Samsung often releases new TV models and updates their product lineup around certain times of the year, such as during major electronics trade shows or holiday seasons. It’s a good idea to research and compare different Samsung TV models to find the one that offers the features and specifications you desire.
Ultimately, if you prioritize picture quality, design, smart TV capabilities, gaming features, and trust in the brand, purchasing a Samsung TV can be a compelling choice. However, it’s recommended to evaluate your specific requirements and compare different TV options before making a final decision.
is Samsung TV Better than Hisense TV?
When it comes to choosing between Samsung and Hisense TVs, you may be wondering which brand is better in 2023. Samsung is a well-known brand that has been in the TV market for a long time, while Hisense is a newer brand that has been gaining popularity in recent years.
Samsung TVs are known for their high-quality displays, excellent picture quality, and sleek designs. They offer a wide range of models, from budget-friendly options to high-end models with all the latest features. Samsung also has a reputation for producing reliable and durable TVs that last for years.
On the other hand, Hisense TVs are known for their affordability and value for money. They offer a range of models that are priced lower than many of Samsung’s offerings, making them a great choice for budget-conscious buyers. Hisense TVs also offer good picture quality and a range of features, including smart TV functionality.
When it comes to picture quality, Samsung is generally considered to be better than Hisense. Samsung’s QLED technology offers better color accuracy and brightness levels than Hisense’s LED displays. Samsung also offers a wider range of HDR formats, which can make a big difference in picture quality.
However, if you’re on a tight budget, Hisense may be the better choice. While Samsung TVs are generally more expensive, Hisense offers a range of affordable models that still offer good picture quality and features. If you’re looking for a TV that offers good value for money, Hisense is definitely worth considering.
Is Hisense TV Better Than Samsung tV?
When it comes to choosing between Hisense and Samsung, there are a few factors to consider. While Samsung is a well-known premium brand, Hisense is known for its affordability. Here are some things to keep in mind when comparing the two brands:
Samsung is known for its exceptional picture quality, especially when it comes to its high-end models. However, Hisense has made great strides in improving its picture quality in recent years. In fact, some of Hisense’s higher-end models now rival Samsung in terms of picture quality.
One of the biggest advantages of Hisense over Samsung is its affordability. Hisense TVs are generally less expensive than Samsung TVs, making them a great choice for those on a budget. However, keep in mind that the lower price point may come with some trade-offs in terms of features and picture quality.
Samsung is known for packing its TVs with features, from smart capabilities to voice control to advanced picture settings. While Hisense has also added many of these features to its TVs, Samsung still leads the way in terms of features and advanced settings.
Ultimately, whether Hisense or Samsung is the better choice for you will depend on your budget and needs. While Samsung may offer better picture quality and more advanced features, Hisense offers a great value for those who want a quality TV without breaking the bank.
Is Samsung or Hisense TV better?
When comparing Samsung and Hisense TVs, it ultimately depends on your preferences. Hisense offers affordability and good picture quality, although its smart TV features may not be as robust. Samsung, on the other hand, excels in picture quality and smart TV features but comes at a higher price. Consider your budget and specific needs to make the best decision.
Are Hisense products good quality?
While Hisense products offer affordability, their quality control issues are a significant drawback. Common problems include color accuracy and red ghosting around moving objects. To ensure optimal performance, consider more expensive alternatives with better quality control.
What are the disadvantages of Hisense?
The cons of Hisense ULED TVs include a limited viewing angle, poor motion handling in some models, and limited availability of certain features like local dimming. However, it’s important to note that these drawbacks may vary between different Hisense models.
Why is Hisense TV cheaper?
Hisense TVs are cheaper mainly because they are manufactured in China, where labor costs are significantly lower than in the United States. This cost advantage allows Hisense to offer competitive prices without compromising on quality. In 2002, Hisense partnered with Ligent Photonics, now known as Hisense Broadband, Inc., and laid the foundation for their affordable television range.
Choosing between Hisense and Samsung can be a tough decision, but hopefully, this article has helped you make a more informed choice.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly option, Hisense is a great choice. They offer a wide range of TVs at affordable prices, with some models even including features like Dolby Vision and HDR. However, if you are looking for a more premium TV experience, Samsung is the way to go. Their Neo Quantum Processor and QLED technology offer an unparalleled viewing experience.
When it comes to pricing, Hisense is definitely the more affordable option. However, Samsung offers more advanced features and better image processing technology. It’s important to consider what features are important to you and your budget before making a decision.
Ultimately, the choice between Hisense and Samsung comes down to personal preference and what you are looking for in a TV. Both brands offer quality products that are worth considering.