Are you tired of typing the password every time you login into your PC? Then this cool trick is for you. How To Use Android Fingerprint Scanner To Unlock Your PC
Nowadays, Laptops and even Desktops come with Bio-metrics scanners like a fingerprint scanner.
But old PCs doesn’t contain any kinds of stuff like bio-metrics scanners. There are multiple apps to unlock the MacBook with an iPhone, But there wasn’t any way to unlock Windows using an Android device until last year. Thanks to XDA’s user Andrew-X from xda-developers has developed a tool to make these features possible in out-dated PCs if you have an Android Device with a fingerprint scanner. With the help of this trick now you can unlock your PC in a safe and easy way.
How It Works
It works with the help of a simple script which runs on your computer when you authenticate your finger on the smartphones fingerprint sensor, your phone sent a signal containing data of windows credentials to the script running on Windows and this allow you to unlock your PC. In order to this trick to work both your PC and smartphone should be connected to the same WiFi. It isn’t the fastest way to unlock your PC but still, it is fair enough. At the same time, it is a safer way to unlock your PC.
- Simple, user-friendly UI
- Local/Microsoft account/Domain** support
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Tethering support
- Windows Vista or Above
- Android 6.0+
- A Smartphone with a fingerprint scanner
- A WiFi to which both your PC and smartphone are connected
How To Setup Remote Fingerprint Unlock
- Download and install Remote Fingerprint Unlock from the Google Play-store.
- Download and install the right Windows Fingerprint Credential Module for your Windows PC. Click Here to Download. Source: XDA-Developers
- Open the app and go to scan section.
- Now start the scan operation and let it find your PC.
- After the scan, you will be able to see your PC, Tap PC you which you want to use the fingerprint feature. ( If you want to add more than PC you should buy the premium version of the app)
- After you have selected your PC, go to the account section.
- Now tap on add account, and enter the username and password of the account that you want to use the fingerprint unlocking feature.
- After you successfully the account, click on the account name so that it gets selected, otherwise it shows an error message that no account is selected.
- Now, let us test is it is working. Lock your windows PC and now you will see a new user named Fingerprint Unlock.
- Now, open Remote Fingerprint Unlock app on your mobile and go to unlock section.
- And scan your fingerprint
- Ta-Da, Now your PC must unlock automatically if you have done everything correctly.
Is It Safe And Trustworthy To Use
I can understand your concern that is it safe to share your Bio-metrics information with some developers app or does these apps contain a virus. You don’t need to worry about it. The one who developed this app is completely trustworthy and your Bio-Metrics information is stored in your device and not in the developer’s server. And also these have been through a lot of viruses scan tests and all the reports shows that it is safe to use. So we come to the conclusion that this app is safe and trustworthy to use.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”heart” wrap=”i”] Thank You For Visiting TechCluez. [wp-svg-icons icon=”heart” wrap=”i”]